Air_bubbler plugin OD dodging issue

Hey,

I am using the air_bubbler plugin and have noticed through testing that the OD dodging parameters are likely defaulting to the fallback values set in base.py:

post_delay = float(self.get_from_config(“post_delay_duration”, fallback=1.0))
pre_delay = float(self.get_from_config(“pre_delay_duration”, fallback=1.5))

I see about a 2.5 second break every time the air pump is shut off to take an OD reading. I am expecting a much larger delay based on the following variables in my config file:

[od_config]
samples_per_second=0.05
[air_bubbler]
duty_cycle=100
hertz=200
pre_delay_duration=4
post_delay_duration=4
enable_dodging_od=1

Any ideas?

[od_config]
samples_per_second=0.05
[air_bubbler]
duty_cycle=100
hertz=200
pre_delay_duration=4
post_delay_duration=4
enable_dodging_od=1

Ah this using this old convention for our configs. The function get_from_config checks for a config section <job_name>.config (this is our recommend convention for jobs), but the plugin is using the old way. So just update that section header to [air_bubbler.config] and it should work :crossed_fingers:

I’ll update the plugin to use the new convention.

Hmm I tried using [air_bubbler.config] but now the job wont start when I click it in the UI. Just loads for a bit then gives up.

Looks like this is working:

[air_bubbler]
duty_cycle=100
hertz=200

[air_bubbler.config]
pre_delay_duration=4
post_delay_duration=4
enable_dodging_od=1

Right, there are some places in the plugin’s code that used the old nomenclature still.

Hah! Yes, that would work as a fix, too. I’ve updated the plugin to only use air_bubbler.config (version 0.4.1, available if you uninstall and reinstall)

Wow that was fast on your end. Perfect, thank you!