Happy new year! New year, new release
- early support for HATs with Pico hardware
- new modules
pioreactor.utils.dacsto abstract DACs and ADCs.
pio updatehas a new api:
pio update app <options>,
pio update ui <options>.
- added version of UI & firmware to
pio version -v
- PioreactorUI has a different way to update, rather than using git. We now version the PioreactorUI, so it’s easier to know if which version is being used.
pio update appnow has a
--versionoption to specify a version of the Pioreactor software.
pio update uinow has a
--versionoption to specify a version of the Pioreactor UI.
- power-saving improvements
- image size optimizations
- simplify logging, and avoid an eventual recursion error.
sourcein logging events is now correct.
- experiment data is no longer published to MQTT. The source of truth is the db, via the web API.
- correctly publish
alt_media_fractionto MQTT in dosing jobs
- dosing automations now keep track of vial volume, as attribute
vial_volume. This is also published to MQTT.
- corrections to how
alt_media_fractionis calculated. It no longer assumes constant vial size, which was
producing slightly incorrect results.
execute_io_actionhas been changed to add the same ratio of media and alt_media before removing liquid. This satisfies:
- If users asks to dose X, X will be dosed.
- Ratio between media and alt_media is constant between remove_waste actions.
- Not more than Y volume is added before liquid is removed.
The catch is that if there is a lot of volume of one being added, and only a little of another, it’s possible
that accuracy of the latter one will be affected.
- users can now provide the initial ratio of media to alt_media (not yet from the UI or config.ini).
- users can specify, in their config.ini under section
initial_volume_ml. The former is used to provide the stable limit of volume (i.e. the position of the outflow tube determines this). The latter is how much volume is in the bioreactor initially. This is useful for users who wish to add medias manually.
In your Pioreactor UI, visit Updates in the left sidebar.
and click on “Update to latest release” in the top right corner:
Problems? Let me know here or at